Sports Radio 107.5 and 1400 The Fan’s “March Chaos” Contest Official Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WDUZ-FM/AM(“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Media Holdings Inc. or one of its subsidiary companies, 810 Victoria St. Green Bay, WI, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the Sports Radio 107-5 and 1400 The Fan “March Chaos” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 30 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 30 days Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 6:00 a.m., CT on March 17, 2019 and will run through 9:00 p.m., CT on April 8, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter:
(i) On-Air: Listen to the Station weekdays from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. during the Contest Period. When the Station plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners should call the Station at 920-393-1075. Caller fourteen (14) to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be entered to win. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
(ii) Remote Broadcast: Attend any of the 5 broadcasts conducted by that Station and complete an entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person per remote broadcast. All entries must be received by the deadline stated at the remote broadcast conclusion. One winner will be selected via random drawing of attendees at each remote broadcast. Remotes are as follows:
Sunday March 17 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT at Green Bay Distillery 835 Mike McCarthy Way, Ashwaubenon WI 54304
Monday March 18th from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.CT at Fox Harbor 348 S. Washington St Green Bay WI 54301
Tuesday March 19th from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT at Stadium View Sports Bar and Grill 1963 Holmgren Way Green Bay WI 54304
Wednesday March 20th from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT at Cropsey’s 1336 State. St. Green Bay WI 54301
Thursday March 21st from 10:00 a.m.to noon CT at Green Bay Distillery 835 Mike McCarthy Way, Ashwaubenon WI 54304
(iii) Online: Visit the Station’s website www.thefan1075.com or e-mail The Fan studio at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Contest Period, click on the “Contest” link, click on the “March Chaos” Contest link, and complete an entry form. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm CT on March 14, 2018 to be eligible for the random drawing in order to receive an assigned college team in the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per person per day per email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
(iv) Twitter: Send a tweet message with the correct keyword to @WDUZ during the Contest Period. All entries must be received by 06:00 p.m., CT on March 14th, 2018 to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person per twitter account. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same twitter account. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different twitter account, identities, or any other methods will void that participant from further participation in the Contest. THIS CONTEST IS NOT ENDORSED BY OR SPONSORED BY TWITTER.
- Winner Selection. Teams from the college tournament will be awarded to Finalists from each of the entry methods of calls, remotes, e-mails, tweets and online registrations, as outlined above. A total of 5 of the participants will be selected total from the remotes (1 each), 6 from the online registration, 13 via twitter and 40 on air Participants will be selected as outlined above, for a total number of 64 of Finalist participating in this Contest. The Finalist will be selected by March 16, 2018 on, around or after 11:00 a.m. CT. Once a Finalist is assigned a team they will be contacted via phone or e-mail provided based on their form of entry to verify their qualification and what team they will receive. The team assigned to a particular Finalist will be selected randomly by picking a sealed envelope from our in studio canister. Once a team is assigned he Finalist will win a $10 (ten dollar) gift certificate to Cranky Pat’s Pizza and accumulate additional prize(s) for each game their selected team wins in the tournament. Tournament game dates start March 15,, 2018 and concludes on April 2, Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. As a Finalist’s assigned team advances in the college tournament, the Finalist(s) accumulate prizes. Potential Winners must attend the viewing party on April 2, 2018 with check in, presenting a current, valid government issued photo ID no later than 9:00 p.m. CT in order to claim their prize(s) at Green Bay Distillery, 835 Mike McCarthy Way, Green Bay WI 54304. NO PROXIES WILL BE ALLOWED FOR ANY REASON. Failure to check-in by 9:00 p.m. and/or failure to present a government issued photo ID will lead to immediate disqualification.
Prizes awarded are as follows:
Round 1 (Just for being awarded a team): up to 64 winners will each win a $10 gift certificate to ZoZo’s BBQ ARV $10
Round 2: (if team awarded wins 1 game in the NCAA Tournament) up to 32 winners will each win $20 gift certificate to Geano Beach Pub and Grill ARV $20
Round 3: (if team awarded wins 2 games in the NCAA Tournament) up to 16 winners will each win a $40 gift certificate to Cranky Pat’s Pizza.
Round 4: (if team awarded wins 3 games in the NCAA Tournament) up to 8 winners will each win 18 holes with a cart for 2 to Irish Waters Golf Couse in Freedom WI.
Round 5: (if team awarded wins 4 games in the NCAA tournament) up to 4 winners will each win Pepsi Products and 3 Months Unlimited Car Washes from PDQ Car Wash ARV $640
Round 6: (if team awarded wins 5 games in the NCAA Tournament) up to 2 winners will each win 2 tickets in the Miller Lite Suite for the June 21st Brewers Game at Miller Park and one of 3 packages to Synergy Field courtesy of OSMS of Green Bay. ARV Between $300 and $359.
National Champion Round: (if team awarded wins 6 games in the NCAA Tournament) up to 1 winner will win a Toro Zero Turn Riding Lawn Mower from Evergreen Power LLC in Kaukauna. ARV $2700
Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: WDUZ AM/FM, 810 Victoria St. Green Bay WI 54302.
Green Bay Distillery, 835 Mike McCarthy Way, Ashwaubenon, WI 54304
Triangle Distributing, 1201 Ashwaubenon St. Green Bay, WI 54304
PDQ 2138 Main St. Green Bay, WI 54302
Pepsi, 1163 Waube Ln, Green Bay, WI 54302
ZoZo’s BBQ 1035 Vanderbraak St, Green Bay, WI 54302
OSMS Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Specialists 2223 Lime Kiln Road Green Bay, WI
Geano Beach Pub and Grill 2060 Sand Bar Way, Little Suamico, WI 54141
Evergreen Power LLC 401 E. Evergreen Dr. Kaukauna, WI 54130
Cranky Pats Pizza 709 Bellevue St. Green Bay, WI 54302